A song of caring.

by Marmoud Darwish


The thing is, I don't care about you simply because you are not important to me. Not important enough. Just like I'm not important to you. Because feelings are reciprocated. Or maybe not. Maybe I was just born a cold-hearted bitch. I can only care about a few people in this entire world. Anyone else, no. No. You don't matter to me, not at all. Even if I talk to you, you talk to me, we talk all night, even if I stay up late so I can continue talking to you, no, it doesn't mean you are important to me. I talk to you because I can, and you talk to me because, well, I don't know. I'm not sure why people do what they do, and if you do something because you consider me as someone important to you, then I'm sorry. I truly have nothing better to say. Since I'm such a bad person, I know. I try, I do, I try, but I can't. Can't see you in a different light. Only a few in this world has my heart, and only those who have your heart are important to you. Take them with you; erase the rest. 

Comments